Posted by Cass - 06 September 2011
Tipped to become the overall winner in the Great Taste Awards 2011/12
This old family standby is coming back into fashion. Why not try this easy to make supper that all the family will enjoy.
Serve traditional corned beef hash with a poached egg for a comforting winter meal.
1 x 340g can Princes corned beef, diced
120g unsalted butter
1 large onion, chopped
900g potatoes, boiled and diced
Oil for frying
1 egg per person (optional)
1. Melt 40g of unsalted butter in frying pan and fry one large onion, chopped.
2. Cut 340g of Princes corned beef into 1cm cubes and add to pan.
3. Empty mixture into a bowl. Add 900g of cooked, diced potato, another 40g unsalted butter and black pepper.
4. Fry in a little oil and 40g of unsalted butter.
5. For a traditional twist, poach one fresh egg per person for 2 minutes and place on corned beef hash. Serve immediately with green beans.